Table of Contents
- The Best Mobility Scooters – Top Choices & Factors to Consider! - November 11, 2019
- The Best Retirement Communities in Colorado - October 10, 2019
- Inogen Gen 3 vs Gen 4 – Which is the Best Portable Oxygen Concentrator? - October 10, 2019
Are you wondering if the value of a mobility scooter justifies the high pricing? Then your thought is wrong because it surely does. Imagine the plenty of advantages you will get from owning one of them like the freedom of movement it would give you or any of your loved ones.
There are places you couldn’t travel to by car but on foot. Mobility scooters will give you easy and fast access to such places.
Mobility scooters offer good mobility help to seniors and people who have mobility issues. While there are other options the disable and seniors have for personal transportation, mobility scooters help them to maintain their mobility and live a more independent life.
Mobility scooters look much like wheelchairs but they are motorized and either come with steering wheels or handles for driving them. There are various models and brands of mobility scooters in the market. They can feature three or four wheels and may come with integrated accessories. Where the accessories aren’t integrated, you would need to purchase them separately.
There are lightweight and compact mobility scooters you can take with you on the go and even when you fly. Some mobility scooters are of heavy-duty. These models are more suitable for individuals with a large frame. There are equally models that are designed for all-terrain. So, what makes the best mobility scooter depends on your specific needs and individual circumstance.
We know how difficult it can be to navigate through the market and select the best of products that ensure you get sufficient value for your money. So, in this Mobility scooters review and buyers guide, we have provided you with everything that will make your Mobility scooters buying decision easy and hassle-free.
We have equally made our top picks of four best heavy duty mobility scooters from the numerous brands and models in the market. Want to know more, don’t go away. Follow us, as we dive deeper into the topic!
Best Mobility Scooters: Our Top 4 picks
We have a scan through various options in the market and have come up with our recommendations. Below are our top 4 picks of best mobility scooters.
1. Pride Maxima 3-Wheel Scooter: Best Overall
The Pride Maxima scooter comes with a three-wheel system and is sturdy enough to withstand a weight of roughly 500 pounds. It is a silent model and features a single-piece frame for extra strength.
Features and Specifications
- Maximum speed: 5.3 miles per hour
- Drive range: It can drive up to 18 miles
- Weight capacity: It is sturdy enough to carry a weight of 500 pounds
- Ground clearance: 2.5 inches
The Maxima 3-Wheel Scooter comes with advanced electronics. This makes it a very sturdy and reliable means of transportation for the elderly. The improved features of this mobility scooter provide the unit with enough power. However, they make driving loud.
It comes in a lap belt of 60 inches and can house obese seniors and assist them to secure them properly while in transit. The scooter equally comes with a frontal basket to make it handy for the carrying of necessary items.
It equally works for indoor usage and the tires hardly leave any trace or dent on the floor when you do. Nevertheless, it is not suitable for use in smaller homes or assisted home facility because it comes with a large turning radius.
Besides the mobility scooter also come with a one-piece structure and anti-tip wheels. It has an adaptable tiller and a frontal headlight.
- It comes with power seat which gives it an extra 5 inches of seat height
- It features a large and comfy seat.
- It is user-friendly and any senior can easily learn how to drive it.
- It is not a fast-charging machine. The scooter takes an enormous amount of time to charge
- The wheels don’t easily absorb when commuting on irregular surfaces.
- It cannot work for individuals with smaller living spaces
2. BUZZAROUND EX Extreme 4-Wheel Travel Scooter: Best 4 wheeled Mobility Scooter
The Buzzaround Ex Extreme comes with extended battery life. It can equally accommodate the elderly with large frames.
Features and specifications
- It comes with a large driving range of 18 miles
- It features an optimal speed of 5 mph
- The scooter comes with both front and rear suspension
- Stadium-style height-adjustable seat
The BUZZAROUND EX Extreme 4-Wheel Travel Scooter rides extremely smoothly because it has comfort suspension springs. This capacity ability makes it easy for the elderly to drive the scooter to roughly anywhere while eliminating issues of occasional bumping. It comes with an LED taillight and headlight. The two lights are extremely luminous and bright. They work well when you need to see in dark places.
Although it is a full-size scooter, it properly manoeuvres in small spaces. It can easily pass through almost any standard doorways without constituting any type of hassles. The battery charges fast but when you completely deplete the battery, it may take a long time to be fully charged.
You can modify the colour of the scooter if you choose. It features blue and red shroud panels, and they can switch these out easily. It needs tool-less assembly and if you are larger sized, you can do a maximum of a 20-inch seat upgrade.
- It is a portable scooter and you can easily disassemble it without using any tool
- It moves smoothly even on bumpy terrains
- It features a long battery life
- Seniors may find the mobility scooter heavy to lift
- A few components of the machine may rust more quickly